Tuesday, December 20, 2011

the pondering heart . . .what he gave up for me . . .12/20/11

Dear Holy Friends,
 
    I am looking at the cloudy sky and wishing a little of the white stuff was in the forecast. Yep, me, the proclaimed lover of summer, is ready for some snow! But, hey if it is going to be cold, it might as well be pretty! Anyway, this morning there have been many things heavy on my heart and I got to thinking about all that Jesus gave up for me. Reminded me of this poem from last year.
                                                                                                In his Grip, Chandra
 
What He Gave Up For Me

He traded a throne for a manger

Angel songs for a donkey bay

Royal position for poverty

Glory for a bed of hay.

He gave up adoration for submission

Worship for a carpenter's life

Heaven for a fallen earth

Peace for pain and strife.

That night in Bethlehem

A hay filled manger bed

Royalty became one of us

Condemnation became salvation instead.

~Chandra Lynn Smith~

 

 

{I certainly have nothing to complain about!}

No comments: