Wednesday, December 07, 2011

the pondering heart . . . what happened next? . . . 12/7/11

 
Dear Holy Friends,
 
This time of year as I wonder at the miracle of it all, I feel like a four year old with a wealth of questions! So, today we look at more.
 
In His Grip, Chandra
 
 
what happened next
 
What happened next
after they knew?
Were you two alone,
or did they stand by you?
On the long journey
were you all alone?
Or were others there
as you left your home?
When nights got quiet
did you feel God's presence there?
Or was it a lonely time
made you wonder of His care?
What did you speak about
those hours on the road?
Did you understand
together you carried the load?
When did the star appear,
did you rejoice in its light?
Was its very brilliance
a way to make you feel right?
One day in heaven I hope
to have a few moments with you.
I need to offer my thanks,
your family brought my salvation too.
 
~Chandra Lynn Smith, 12/7/11~

No comments: