Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pondering heart . . . What Makes the Worth

Dear Holy Friends,
    I watched a bird in the wind the other day. I have no clue if it was struggling or playing. But it faced the wind, flapping wigs wildly, going nowhere. It remained in midair flying in place.That reminded me of King Solomon's 'chasing the wind.' All of life for us is like that bird flapping and going no we here without our Savior. And, that's what this season of Advent is all about.
 
In His Grip, Chandra
 
WHAT MAKES THE WORTH
 
Chase the wind
    that's what it's been
        futility
            empty within.
I've prayed and tried
    to do my best
        now I'm weary
            in need of rest.
Daunted by doubt
    frozen by fear
        wondering what
            I'm doing here.
It will happen
    to everyone
        no wonder God
            sent us His Son.
Life has no value
    nothing of worth
        till we celebrate
            our Savior's birth.
Don't chase the wind
    whirling around
        see the manger's shadow
            is a cross on the ground.
 
~Chandra Lynn Smith, 12/7/09~

No comments: