Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pondering Heart . . . Road Trip

Dear Holy friends,
 
I remember traveling by car when I was nine months pregnant. Ugh! And Mary did it by donkey. Wow. How they must have wondered what in the world God was doing. And, at some point in life I believe each of us do. We could learn from Mary and Joseph.
 
In His Grip, Chandra
 

Road Trip

 

The journey was long

the donkey ride rough

as they moved along

I'm sure it was tough.

She must have felt

every bump in the road

the baby she carried

was a heavy load.

I bet Joseph worried

if she would make it through

and if something went wrong

what he would do.

When the pains began

was there fear and joy

confusion when a manger

was the birthplace of the Boy?

Isn't that how God does it?

does things His own way.

As Mary and Joseph traveled

their obedience showed us the way.
 
~Chandra Lynn Smith~

No comments: