Friday, December 24, 2010

Pondering Heart . . . Not Here Not Now

Dear Holy Friends,
    It is Christmas Eve. I look forward to the singing and gospels and candles at church tonight. I look forward to standing outside late tonight while I am walking the dogs and feeling the magic, the peace. It is there every year on Christmas Eve. Somehow, I bet magic is not the word Mary and Joseph would have used to describe their experiences that night.
 
In His Grip, Chandra
 
    "While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn,  a son. She wrapped him in clothes and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

Luke 2:6-7

 

Not Here, Not Now

 

                                    Not here, not now,

                                    not in this place I want to be home.

                                    It's not time, it cannot be,

                                    it's just Joseph and me all alone. 

                                    Why a stable, not even a room,

                                    how could there be nowhere to stay?

                                    I thought we'd get home in time,

                                    then the pains started today.

             

                                    Not here, not now,

                                    not in a barn, I should be at home.

                                    What happened God, is something wrong,

                                    why are we all alone?

                                    Mama should be here, or someone at least

                                    who is going to help me?

                                    Can Joseph do this, does he know how?

                                    God, I wish your plan I could see.

 

                                    Not here, not now,

                                    not in a strange town, not all alone.

                                    I'm scared Lord, it hurts Lord,

                                    we cannot do this on our own.

                                    The star in the sky is that from You?

                                    Are you saying that You are with us too?

                                    My faith is big but right now my trust is small,

                                    I'm weary I cannot remember what to do.

 

                                     . . . Not here, not now

 

                                    ~Chandra Lynn Smith~

No comments: