Monday, December 17, 2012

Pondering heart: MOst Kings

Dear Holy Friends,
 
I don't imagine a single one of us was not deeply affected by the events of Friday. I wrote a bunch over the weekend, but am not ready to share yet. This one I wrote last week as I pondered differences between King Jesus and every other king our world have ever had. As I read over it today I know that our precious King Jesus is the only answer for the pain in this life.
 
in His grip,
Chandra
 
 
Most Kings
 
most kings have servants
mine came to serve me
most kings rule with fear
mine set my heart free
most kings imprison
mine offers me grace
most kings rule from a throne
mine chose a bed of hay
most kings like control
mine gave me free will
most kings want action
mine says 'peace, be still'
most kings answer to no one
mine answers God above
most kings offer nothing
mine offers perfect love.
 
~Chandra Lynn Smith, 12/10/12~

No comments: