Thursday, November 17, 2011

JustFor Today . . . the last straw . . . 11/17/11

 
Dear Holy Friends,
 
Last night I slipped and fell in the mud. Landed on my pavers on my knees, right knee taking main impact, right achilles tendon stretched, left hamstring pulled, mud all over me. And I wanted to just stay in the mud and cry for a while. You know how it goes, it wasn't really about the mud, it was just that the mud was the last straw to an emotional day. So, this poem today is about 'last straws.'
 
In His Grip, Chandra
 
the last straw
when the last straw happens
what do you do
because it's not the straw
upsetting you,
you sit there in the mud
wipe a tear away
it's okay to ask what happened
to your day,
but in the middle of the mud
know you're not alone
God is in there with you
you're not on your own,
when the moment is over
He'll still be there
walking with you through the pain
forever in His care.
~Chandra Lynn Smith, 11/17/11~

No comments: