Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just For today . . .Invasion of grace . . .11/15/11

 
 
dear Holy friends,
 
My Pastor has a saying that has resonated with me from the first time I heard him say it. It is easy to have a day where the praise or the joy is elusive. And we just don't feel like even trying to find it. Pastor Scott says, "sometimes we have to act ourselves into a feeling." So, this week before Thanksgiving, I shall focus on poems about grace and praise. Some of you will recognize some of them. I hope to submit a few new ones too. Happy Tuesday.
 
In His Grip, Chandra
 
 
Invasion of Grace
On a church pew
in the morning dew
on a bench in the park
alone in the dark
at home or workplace
an invasion of grace.
The man with tattoos
stories on the news
the songs of the birds
reading the Word
a tear on the face
an invasion of grace.
He is always there
He will always care
no matter what you do
He is there too
creating a space
for the invasion of grace
~Chandra Lynn Smith~

No comments: